Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sunshine is on the way!

  Mt. Hood Adventure has been receiving new summer retail every day now.  We have a lot of great gifts, souvenirs, and essential gear to help you in the forest.  Think of us if you need anything.  Anything as trail information and conditions, a present for your 6 year old nephew, any questions on that flower that you saw, track that had long claws, or anything to do with the Mt. Hood area and Clackamas County.
  I am very excited about our new fleet of recreational kayaks that are perfect for the lakes in the area.  They should be arriving soon, but it is going to take a few extra days for the white stuff to melt this year.  Let's go take a paddle around sometime.
  A little lower in elevation, where I keep my den, the flowers have taken off and the first phase is almost over.  I enjoy watching what pops out and in what order.  I highly recommend some of the trails under 3,000 feet to catch that first glimpse of COLOR!
  I started my walking season off on a mellow walk starting near sea level and camping at around 1400 feet elevation.  I don't really want to tell you where it is since I would rather you come up here and take a snowshoe with me.  I will give you a few hints.  There are lots of waterfalls, the trail was blasted our of rock back in the day, the words "Eagle Creek" have a lot to do with it, and we stayed at 7.5 mile camp.  Glacier Lily, Shooting Star, Larkspur, and Calypso Orchids were a few of the flowers that were in full bloom.  The waterfalls were running pretty good as well.  No mosquitos, and I did see one fly.  A very pleasant trip.  As always, if you have any questions or comments you can reply to my blog, or give me a call in the shop.  I would also like hear what you have seen or experienced and any secret spots that you may think I will enjoy.  Enjoy!   chop

No comments: